Privacy & Cookies Policy
Welcome to www.monkey47.com (the "Site"), brought to you by Black Forest Distillers GmbH („BFD”, “We” or “Us”).
The contact details of Black Forest Distillers are:
Black Forest Distillers GmbH, Äußerer Vogelsberg 7, 72290 Lossburg 24-Höfe
Telefon: +49 (0) 7455 94 68 70 Telefax: +49 (0) 7455 946811
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, Registernummer: HRB 730 817
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: UST-ID/VAT DE 266 861 121
You can reach Black Forest Distillers’s data protection office here:
Datenschutzbeauftragter Black Forest Distillers
F: +49 (0) 7455 94 68 70
TÜV Rheinland i-sec GmbH
Am Grauen Stein
Black Forest Distillers (and/or its relevant affiliates (see attached list, the “Black Forest Distillers Group”) notably when sharing your personal information in the conditions described in this policy) is/are the Data Controller of any personal information you submit to Black Forest Distillers.
What personal information do we gather about you and how?
- Registration or sign-up in our Digital Media (our websites, our mobile applications, our pages on social network, any online forms to register to our events);
- Send to a friend;
- Sweepstake and contest;
- Subscription to a program or newsletter;
- When doing e-commerce on certain of our websites;
- Connected products (which correspond to Black Forest Distillers products going into interaction with the end consumer. Data is also collected in this touch point) ;
- Organization of events (invitation form or online forms on tablets filled out by our hostesses);
- Brand Event Experience at Home;
- Brand Home ;
- Feedback, enquiry, surveys, questions, or comments through our “Contact Us” form;
- Any other request that requires the submission of personal information.
The types and amount of Personal Information collected for the features listed above will vary depending on the activity.
How and why do we use tracking technologies?
Black Forest Distillers uses tracking technologies, namely cookies, IP Address or Log files, to gather certain information that is browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, for the purpose of improving the use and functionality of our websites and to better understand how visitors use our Digital Media and the tools and services offered on it. Tracking technologies help us tailor our Digital Media to your personal needs.
- An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. We may keep track of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to: (i) troubleshoot technical concerns, (ii) maintain website safety and security, (iii) restrict access to our Digital Media to certain users, (iv) better understand how our Digital Media are utilized and (v) geographical targeting;
- We (or a third party on our behalf) may collect information in the form of logs files that record our Digital Media activity and gather statistics about users' browsing habits. These entries are generated anonymously, and help us gather: (i) a user’s browser type and operating system, (ii) information about a user’s session (such as the URL they came from, the date and time they visited our Digital Media, and which pages they've viewed on our Digital Media and for how long), and, (iii) other similar navigational or click-stream data. We also use information captured in log file for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve and customize the online services we provide you. Log files are used internally only, and are not associated with any particular user.
For what purposes do we use your personal information?
These purposes are the following:
- to respond to your request of service or performance of a contract
- When registering or signing-up in our Digital Media to the respond to the service you subscribe: the personal information you provide is used to offer you the benefits and privileges that come along with registration the ability to receive the communications you select at the time of registration or that automatically come with your registration ( subscription to a newsletter, creation of an account, participation in a sweepstake or contest, invitation to or attendance to an event organized by Black Forest Distillers, brand news, personal offers, invitation for special events, sell in);
- When doing e-commerce on certain of our websites: we use your personal information to manage your order and deliver your products in accordance with the e-commerce contract entered into with Black Forest Distillers;
- Feedback, questions, or comments through our “Contact Us” form and our “Tell Us” compliance reporting system: if you contact us via an online contact form, your information is used to respond to your inquiry or comment.
- to allow you to receive marketing information on Black Forest Distillers or its products because you consented to receive it:
- When you used the Send to a friend feature: personal information requested for a one-time use features (typically, names and email addresses) is used on a one-time basis (to send the communication) and is not further retained by us;
- When you use a QR Code displayed on Black Forest Distillers products: we use your personal information to send you more information on the products where the QR code was displayed or other products because you consented to receive such information;
- When you provide personal information requested on the iPads available in Heritage Centers, distilleries, we use it to send you more information on the products;
- In addition to the purpose for which you submitted your personal information, you may also be given the option (through a check box or otherwise) to have your information used for an activity or service different from the primary activity or service that you are requesting. For example, if you are signing up for a contest or other promotion, you may also be invited to sign up for newsletters or alerts from our Digital Media hosting the promotion or from other websites or Black Forest Distillers products. If you choose to receive these additional services, we will use your information to provide them to you.
- to better serve you in accordance with Black Forest Distillers’s legitimate interest.
To ensure that your personal information remains accurate and up to date and avoid duplication in our database, we may check upon each of your interaction with one of our affiliates whether your Personal Information is still accurate or could be completed or updated with the additional information you might have provided.
Subject to applicable law requirement, this may include occasionally combining, updating, or otherwise enhancing the Personal Information collected through our Digital Media with data we receive from outside records or third parties. For instance, we may combine purely demographic or survey information (e.g., age, gender, household information, and other interests) not linked to any personal information about you with personal information collected in other cases (such as during account registration).
What happens if you do not wish to provide your personal information?
If you choose not to submit any personal information when requested, you may not be able to participate in certain activities and personalized features and it may happen that our Digital Media limit the services and special offers we can provide you. For example, if you refuse to share your email address, you will not be able to receive any of our newsletters or otherwise register on our Digital Media. However, to simply browse our Digital Media and learn more about Black Forest Distillers and our products, you do not need to actively give us any personal information.
Who do we disclose your personal information to and why?
Black Forest Distillers may also share your personal information with third parties, but only in the following circumstances:
- We may use service providers, agents or contractors to provide support for the internal operations of our Digital Media and to assist us with administering them or the various functions, programs and promotions available on it. Any such third party must at all times provide the same levels of security for your personal information as Black Forest Distillers and, where required, are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on the specific instructions of Black Forest Distillers;
- When we run a joint or co-sponsored program or promotion on our Digital Media with another company, organization, or other reputable third party; and, as part of this event, collect and process personal information, we may share your personal information with our partner or sponsor. If your personal information is being collected by (or is shared with) a company other than Black Forest Distillers as part of such promotion, we will let you know this at the time your personal information is collected;
- We may also disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law, or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes, to respond to any claims, or to protect the safety or rights of Black Forest Distillers, its customers, or the public;
- In the event of a merger or acquisition of all or part of Black Forest Distillers by another company, or in the event that Black Forest Distillers were to sell or dispose of all or a part of the Black Forest Distillers business, the acquirer would have access to the information maintained by that Black Forest Distillers business, which could include personal information, subject to applicable law. Similarly, personal information may be transferred as part of a corporate reorganization, insolvency proceeding, or other similar event, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law;
Is your personal information sent to recipients located in other countries and why?
Black Forest Distillers is a global company and your personal information may be transferred across international borders. It may be transferred to countries that have different levels of data protection laws to the country from where you submitted your personal information. Your personal information may also be transferred between different companies of the Black Forest Distillers Group located in different countries. Black Forest Distillers takes the appropriate technical and organizational measures to maintain security of the personal information both during transit and at the receiving location by implementing contractual clauses in accordance with applicable law requirements.
Our main service providers for the operation of our Digital Media are based in the United States. The transfer to these services providers either relies on contractual clauses as required by applicable laws. They are also bound by a contract that ensures a high standard of privacy protection and requires (amongst other provisions) that they act only on Black Forest Distillers instructions and implements implent all technical measures necessary on an ongoing basis to keep your personal information secure.
Depending on whether the affiliate of Black Forest Distillers is applying the double opt-in, here is the data process:
- No Double Opt-In
- Data is collected at one of the touch points listed in Section 1.
- The data is directly being sent in the global consumer database for deduplication purposes. The servers of the global consumer database are based in Ireland.
- Once deduplicated, only opt-in data is sent back to Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) for activation. The servers of SFMC are location in the USA.
- With Double Opt-In
- Data is collected at one of the touch points listed in Section 1.
- The data is sent to SFMC in order to send the opt-in validation email to the contact.
- After 2 weeks, there are two possibilities:
- if the contact has not validated the opt-in in the validation email, then the data is deleted from SFMC.
- if the contact has validated the opt-in by clicking on a button in the email, the data is sent in the global consumer database for deduplication purposes. The servers of the global consumer database are based in Ireland.
- Once deduplicated, only opt-in data is sent back to SalesForce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) for activation. The servers of SFMC are location in the USA.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We may store the personal information that you send to us via our Digital Media in our databases. We retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as we have a contract with you or as needed to provide you the services requested or to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services. We may also need to retain your Personal Information for a reasonable period of time and as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and similar records management purposes.
We may thus retain your personal information for a reasonable period after you stop using Black Forest Distillers services or our Digital Media. Other recipients of your personal information described in Article 5 may retain your data for a longer period where doing so is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which you allowed us to share your personal information with them, or for their own compliance, dispute resolution, enforcement, or record management purposes as provided by applicable law.
If you request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you services , please contact us as indicated in Article 9. We remind you that you have also a right to have your personal information deleted or corrected at any time in accordance with the same Article 9.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
Black Forest Distillers takes all necessary technical and organizational measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. These efforts include, but are not necessarily limited to: (i) storing your personal information in secure operating environments that are not available to the public and that are only accessible to authorized Black Forest Distillers employees, and our agents and contractors; and, (ii) verifying the identities of registered users before they can access the personal information we maintain about them.
How you can you exercise your rights regarding the use of your personal information?
If your personal information has been processed on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the Black Forest Distillers Privacy Office (contact details above).
You can access your personal information as processed by us by contacting the Black Forest Distillers Privacy Office. If you request such access, we will provide you with all the information as required by law on the purposes of the processing, categories of data processed, categories of recipients, data retention term, your rights to rectify, delete or restrict the data accessed if applicable, etc.)
You can also contact the Black Forest Distillers Privacy Office to express the following choices:
- You can request to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- You can request the deletion of your Personal information (i) if your personal information is no longer necessary for the purpose of the data processing, (ii) you have withdrawn your consent on the data processing based exclusively on such consent, (iii) you objected to the data processing, (iv) the personal information processing is unlawful, (v) the personal information must be erased to comply with a legal obligation applicable to Black Forest Distillers. Black Forest Distillers will take reasonable appropriate steps to inform the other entities of the Black Forest Distillers group of such erasure.
- You can request the restriction of the processing (i) in the event the accuracy of your personal information is contested to allow Black Forest Distillers to check such accuracy, (ii) if you wish to restrict your personal information rather than deleting it despite the fact that the processing is unlawful, (iii) if you wish Black Forest Distillers to keep your personal information because you need it for your defensedefensedefensedefensedefense in the context of legal claims (iv) if you have objected to the processing but Black Forest Distillers conducts verification to check whether it has legitimate grounds for such processing which may override your own rights.
- If you do not want to receive newsletters, announcements, or other communications and/or services from our Digital Media, please do not opt-in for those communications or services at the time of registration. If you have opted-in and, at a later time, wish to opt-out, please click on the unsubscribe link inserted in our communications.
- Along with every e-mail communication sent to you, we provide you the opportunity to discontinue receiving future communications (i.e., unsubscribe). Simply follow the unsubscribe process or directions provided in the email.
How we treat children's information?
Do we link to other third party websites?
Our Digital Media may contain links that will direct you to other websites or services that are operated and controlled by third parties. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors and partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. We have no control over these third parties, and your use of their websites and features are subject to their privacy policies posted on those sites. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or business practices of any third-party website. Therefore, you should exercise caution and review the privacy policies applicable to the external websites you visit before providing your personal information.
- How can you contact us or the relevant Supervisory Authority?
You are informed that you can also lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority of the country where you are located if you have any concern about the conditions of processing of your personal information by Black Forest Distillers.
[last updated on November 16, 2017]
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages. This policy was last amended on May 1, 2017.
Monkey 47 Gin 47% alc/vol
All Rights Reserved.